Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Letting People In

I was treated to an early morning courier drop today...and on my doorstep I found a package containing a packet of turmeric and cacao latte from @friendlyfantail ...a well-timed gift from a friend.

One thing I've learnt over the years of living by faith ...is how to live authentically in community with people. If I'm totally honest, I'm still learning this. My natural instinct is to isolate and hide. To deflect questions with more questions or a change of topic. I don't want to be seen, I don't need anybody, no one needs to bother with me...in fact I'm better alone. What God has been teaching me over the last several years is in fact we are better together, to let people in, to live vulnerable and real, raw and gritty. It's taken me years for walls to come down and let people fully in. To not live in fear that if they truly knew me, they would turn and run away fast. All lies and tactics used by the devil himself to stop me from living fully and accomplishing my God given calling.

And boy does the devil know where to hit you in order to take you out. We are struggling at the moment with huge giants as a couple and as a family....one private and personal....one not so much... (I mean come on there is a giant for sale sign out the front). One we are full on waging war against in the spiritual realm, the other we are trying doors where we see fit and praying but both are ultimately relinquished into our Saviours hands.
Jesus tells us, "In the world you will have tribulation" John 16:33 Has it been fun no way.... I wouldn't wish this stuff on anyone. But I serve a big God that uses EVERYTHING for good.... if you let Him. My learning in letting people in has meant people get to see the messy and the ugly, the hurt and the broken, the pain and disappointment.... now that's vulnerability for you.

Have they run away...NO... instead they have pulled in closer and tighter...wrapping me up in a whole lotta grace and love. In the words of Brene Brown "if you are going to fully live in the arena of life...you are going to get your #$^% kicked" ...totally true! Just saying



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx