Monday, September 9, 2019

Always Watching

 I do hope you hear my heart and how this post was intended to be received.

This guy feigned sickness today.... but seeing as I was flying solo this morning I didn't fight it. And typically, when the kids are sick mama has stuff to do. With an appointment in Cambridge and a bunch of drop off in Hamilton...it was going to be a long, boring day driving around. But with a promise of McDonald's, they happily came along. Let's be honest though we hadn't even left town and they were complaining. After a myriad of stops and waiting in the car we got to my last drop off in a dubious part of town.
Jesse decided he wasn't having a bar of waiting for me, so he got out and claimed he was coming with me. I didn't even get a chance to argue. So, I called over my shoulder to Jayden saying if I wasn't back in ten minutes to call the police (just being honest).

We walked down the long driveway and after asking neighbors we found the right house. A big burly gentleman came out to meet us. I loaded him up with the boxes of baby stuff, made small talk and we left. We were halfway up and Jesse who was quite quiet suddenly said to me "mum you're a good parent"...I was taken back and then I asked why he thought that. He simply said, "because you save babies...all the babies". I actually teared up even though this isn't an accurate interpretation of what I do.
So, here's my point...kids. Kids are always always watching, listening and taking everything in. They know. And I know this thought can be scary.
But even though he feigned sickness and missed a day's 'learning'.... if what he learnt and witness today was service, an unconditional-no-strings-attached, Christ kind of love...then I'm all for it and I'll consider it a win. My hope for my children is not academics or sport prowess but of beauty, respect, joy, character, commitment, compassion, work ethic, love and a relationship with God Almighty. To me that is success.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx