Tonight is burger night and right now I feel like crying.
See that plate of chopped up pattie...its Frankies plate and it's the FIRST TIME a beef patty has passed her lips! I mean EVER!!! She has only ever eaten sausages and a while back she ate a couple of mouse sized nibbles of cormed beef. But tonight she ate TEN pieces!!! This is such a big deal for us and for her. Having a child with such issues around food is exhausting and don't talk to me about the mum guilt or the outside pressure I feel....let alone the stress.
We have since discovered that when she experiences stress especially around food, she throws a high temp and goes pale and lethargic. It's so crazy! (It's called a psychogenic fever). I just counted on my fingers...there is nine things she eats. 9 that isn't junk food. Ain't nobody going to be healthy on that. So, we truck in the multivitamins for her.
So, this is such milestone for us. I have been praying and working on her even to touch new food. Her AMAZING Kindy (Creators) have been so accommodating and working with her too.... she now eats sandwiches thanks to them!
And before anyone messages me...no she is not on the autism spectrum. I don't know why she is like she is.... she's the only one out of the 8 like it.... even Charlie eats more than her.
It just goes to show you can be a mum of many and still don't know everything!
Doing a happy dance here and celebrating this small win but a win nonetheless!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx