Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New Year, New Words

If you've been following me for a while now, you'll know I'm quite the reflective...plus it's a new year, a new decade even....so it's a given I've been living in my head for the past few days. It's also the time where people lock in their 'word' for the year...a word that will determine what their coming year will look like. I have two...because I'm greedy like that. Last year it was "Nuture & Nourish" and as I spent some time reading the goals and intentions for 2019, I saw where I had done well, what I had accomplished and also where the wheels fell off. My life divided into four areas...Personal, Family/Home, Ministry and Relationships.

Some successes.... I lost the remaining 4kg, remained semi-fit, launched Kaiawhina, ran 10 successful Mothers in Arms events, and made people that matter a priority.
Some unmet goals...read 2x books a month, write 3x blog posts a week, and to be more organized for birthdays and Christmas. Oops. "Grit & Grace".... these two small words pretty much sum up how I'm feeling about moving forward. While I'm still nursing some bruising over last year...I'm looking up and feeling quite spritely about the coming year. I am stronger, my faith is stronger and my resolve is stronger to love my family well and be the voice for those who have none. To make more of a difference. To love, to be loved, to serve and to live wholly and fiercely.... Grit and Grace.
As my family grows and moves forwards...I can't help but think of each beautiful one and prayer deeply for their hearts, their person. That they will each know how much they are loved...by God and by us as parents. That they know who they are and whose they are. That they find joy and contentment, purpose and blessing in all that they do.
What's you 'word' of the year? Perhaps your greedy like me and have two??!! Tell me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx