Saturday, September 22, 2018

Unsubscribing

Slowly, slowly, I have been unsubscribing myself to ALL the unschooling and home-schooling emails, sites, blogs, pages and unfollowing accounts. Sorry folks...it's not you it's me. This new season calls for me to be 150% walking forward and not looking backwards or longing for what was once occupying every thought I had. I was finding it difficult and feeling incredibly sad and guilty for having decided to send the kids to school EVEN though it has been very clear that this is what God was asking us to do. So, I am removing myself from those things that are no longer beneficial for me...not at all bad things but they aren't good for me.... right now.... in this season of saying goodbye to the homeschooling mama part of me. Like I said it's me not them.

I will never be anti-homeschooling just as I was never anti-school...it's about doing what's best for you and your family in the current season that you are in.
I remember feeling quite lost when we brought the kids home... out of school.... feeling like I had no "group" that I could be a part of or identify with. But I didn't need to worry I quickly became the 'homeschool mum'. Weirdly I never thought I let that title define my identity, but it's become apparent that I had. And now that I have been called to give up that identity I have felt lost again.
We all find so much solace in these identities which come from what we do but not in who we are. Maybe if we walked more in who we are we would be unshakable when change comes a calling.
Hello, I am a daughter of the most high King, Jesus follower, fearfully and wonderfully made, wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend.

Nice to meet you.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx