I've been wrestling with thoughts around why people (me included) don't like accepting help. Probably much like you guys I simply love to help people. This comes in the back of an awful situation that happened to one of my precious @loving_arms_nz mothers in which she clearly needed help. Help that goes waaaaay outside the normal kind of help with give. I had rallied some troops in the form of a wonderful team of ladies, but when it came to the crunch, she said no EVEN though she still desperately needed it. What's a girl to do I ask? Keep pushing until she caved at the risk of upsetting and offended her? So, I have left it for the time being but still feel so helpless and sad for her...living bound in this awful space with help just a short message away but unable to accept it.
Capturing our journey of a big family, big mess, big faith, big God and a big life.
Monday, February 18, 2019
Asking for Help
So, it got me thinking...do we really believe that we are weak if we need help? If I'm honest.... I do. But I don't see others being weak if they need it. Do we believe that we will 'owe' them something in return for helping us? Me, I do but I would never expect someone to owe me for helping them. Do I not think I'm worthy of help or people don't really mean it? that would be me. Do we let pride get in the way of really living in community because we are so damn stubborn to ask for help or take up offers from people who genuinely want to help??? Ahhh yes that too would be me.
Clearly, I'm doing myself a disservice and self-sabotaging living authentically and fully by doing the above.
I am being way more conscious of these ridiculous patterns of thinking...never in a million years would I ever be ok with one of my friends or family thinking the same things ...EVER. I feel I still have work to be done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx