Red face, mascara running down my face and sweat dripping off my nose....they say they are signs of a good workout...it must be because I feel like I may throw up. Why do I do this to myself?? I ask this every single time about a third of the way through.
Our bodies are designed to move and move often; they are designed for hard work and purposeful living. But in saying all that you need your head in the game if you are going to stick with it and push through the pain, the uncomfortable, the "I can't be bothered", the "I have too much to do" and the "I'll get it done later"...cos chances are you won't. Something will always come up.
For me now that my head is in the game and I have caught up with myself I find I just need to get it done...I don't think about it and how much it hurts or how much I'll sweat...I just do it...because if I think about it I'll start to make excuses and talk my way out of it. I'm good like that. Traditionally exercise and I don't go hand in hand. Just ask my mother...I'm the one that got a sore stomach three weeks out from the school cross country. Every single year!
In order for me to be the best version of myself, for me to be able to do what is put before me, to mother well, to be the best wife I can be and to live fully I need to do three things....one on one time with God, exercise and invest in myself in positive ways. If just one is missing, then I'll start to topple over and then everyone will miss out on the best of me. For too long I lived in a fog of chaos and unhealthy thinking, I wasn't really any good to anybody most of all to God. He has work for me to do and I need to be striving for the best version of myself.... with His help of course and all the grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx