Friday, February 22, 2019

Quiet Time

There is loads that I am wrestling with at the moment and it's in this place...this purposeful quiet time...that I can put it all to the One that sustains me and ultimately will guide my steps. This is the time where I purposefully seek His face and sit in His presence, for comfort and strength.

I'm not going to pretend that this time just happens for me...because it doesn't. It's something I have to fight for every single day. Come on I have 8 kids...it was never going to be easy! More often than not I have at least one visitor that will climb in my lap or I need to stop and change a nappy, make someone a snack or find a plaster. But my time is ALWAYS with coffee...it's like my thing. Some have smoothies, some light candles, some have music...mine is coffee.

For years I use to try and emulate other people's ways of doing quiet time...it never worked. My latest attempt was creative journaling...FAIL. I'm not in the least bit creative and my attempts looked the Frankie had done it. BUT I have found what works for me...coffee, bible, devotional, journal and pen. First, I read my bible working my way through a book (its proverbs at the moment) and will write out in my journal one or two verses that jump out at me.... then I write out my thoughts and prayers using the scripture that I received in my reading.
I think the thing to realize is that everyone is in different seasons of their life...you might be an empty- nester or a new mama with a newborn...so the amount of time you can spend will vary...but I think it's safe to say everyone has five mins. For me personally the most I can manage is 20mins and that's on a good day. I need to say there are just some days I just don't get to the place where I can sit quietly so a podcast might have to do or even meditating on just one verse throughout the day...just one thing to feed my spirit!

Whether you are a follower of Christ or not I believe that all can benefit from a small space in our day to quiet, reflect and journal your thoughts.
Do you agree? Do you do quiet time? What does it look like for you?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx