Saturday, March 12, 2016

Moments in March Day 13 - Turning 7 and Traditions

Excuse the bed hair and the early morning bleary eyed look. It's was early ok. 


Today Sophie turned 7! And boy was she excited....not only did she have to wait all year for it to arrive but she had to endure all her sisters birthday celebrations so close to her own! Talk about hard going! But the day has finally arrived. .......Yay! 


Started the day with early morning present opening and then ice cream and pancakes for breakfast......courtesy of Dad! Seriously my kids have the coolest dad ever, when I got up this morning he was whipping up a couple of batches of pancakes AND had run the birthday girl a giant bubble bath! Here she is in one of her favourite birthday presents, a Stoneycreek hunting shirt. Just like her dads but pink! 


I love that we have traditions, I love that our kids keep us on our toes and won't let us forget anything. I wonder what they will take with them into their own families and what new traditions they will form for themselves. I want our family to be rich and deep in tradition and celebrations as I believe our culture is pretty much void of substance and celebrations. We are such a young country and culture, not only that but we such a mixture of cultures and races. It seems that the traditions that our forefathers brought with them almost have been watered down and even lost and families are failing to make for themselves new ones. 


We are determined to form our family's own identity by providing occasions and ways of doing things that connect our children to each other, to us and to who they are, not only in their earthly family but who they are in Christ and in our church family.


What traditions surrounding birthdays do you have? Could you begin new ones? 


Ps I totally rocked that unicorn cake!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx