Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Moments in March Day 31 - Happy Place

Its pancakes for dinner around here. Jamie and Casey have been gone all day...out roaming the ranges with Jamie's brother, hunting. Hopefully bringing home some venison. I am lucky to see him at the moment as it's the roar (rut if you are in the Northern hemisphere). 


So pancakes for dinner it was. I played being short order cook tonight. I also got a chance to be in one of my many happy places tonight. Beer, pancakes and music. I have a secret like for strange genres of music...quite partial to country music, love gospel choirs, African choirs and tonight's genre of choice was 90s musicals/stage shows. Ok you can judge me now....! 


There is only a handful of people I know that will understand and appreciate such music. Tonight's musical of choice was Chess and then Joesph and Technicolor Dreamcoat. I know all the words and all the character's. So the music was blaring and I let loose. It's good to do that every now and then. My kids all quickly escaped outside so they didn't have to be subjected to such horror as the kitchen floor became my stage for some very funky moves if I do say so myself. Come on you all do it! I figure if I have to listen to all my kids music they like then they can do the same. 


I appreciate the talents of some rap artists and find a great cellist incredibly soothing. Good music can be reflective and can tell my story of the particular moment. I have songs that bring me right back to an instant or a unforgettable time in my life. The song I walked down the aisle to, the song that was number one on the charts when I lost a baby and a song that was my life motto while we lived in Te Aroha for a time.


 Right now my favourite song is Dream for You by Casting Crowns and Grace Like Rain by Todd Agnew. Check them out. I love them! 


It's April tomorrow.....New month a new chapter of my blog. See you then. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx