Sunday, March 27, 2016

Moments in March Day 28 - Date with my Son

I was asked out on a date this morning. Pretty cool huh. And by not just anybody by my number one son. Number one in age not by order of preference like he would like to think! 


Apparently he has been planning this for months....lucky I didn't have any plans today ah! He took me to the movies and even paid! (heart melting right) We went and saw KungFu Panda 3. He was the oldest "child" there with his mum.....he didn't care though. 


You may be wondering why he took me to that particular movie and not something more teenage boyish. Well about five years ago he was given tickets to KungFu Panda 2 and he chose to take me with him. He could of picked his Dad or a friend but he asked me. Back then I was so touched just like I was today. So now it's our "jam" or our thing if you aren't up with the current lingo of teens. 


It was really lovely hanging out with my eldest boy and enjoying his company. I tried to behave and not do anything that would embarrass him too much. But in saying that I suppose there isn't much I could do in a theatre full of kiddies and their mother's. 


The girls thought that it was incredibly funny that he had asked me out on a date and that I would go! They ran off to tell Jamie that I was going out with someone else. Of course he pretend to be mortified and punched his fist into his other palm. And of course they dissolved into a puddle of giggles. 


It's true having seven kids presents difficulties finding the time to have particular one on one time with each child. Especially in ways that is meaningful and speaks to each child. But when we do it means all that much more to them and they appreciate it soooo much. 


I don't think they will be making KungFu Panda 4 so we might have to find something else to see next time. Might have to ask him out next! Good movie by the way! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx