Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Moments in March Day 30 - When Babies Grow too Fast

Here is my baby girl she is coming up 17 months!!!! Ahhhhh slow down will you, it's freaking me out. I actually feel like I have blinked and she has gone from chunky chubby bubba to little girl overnight. Not cool but cool...if you catch my drift. 


This is her latest trick, pulling her sisters green stool out of their bedroom all the way to the kitchen and positioning it just where she wants and up she climbs so she can reach stuff on the bench. Stuff that no little girl should have. Things like sharp knives, felt pens and glasses of mummys red wine. 


She has always been a climber, she climbs everything. Ladders, fences, chairs and tables. I can't keep her on the floor. She is also learning to talk and quite clearly say the important things she wants like 'up' 'bath' and 'Easter egg'. 


So she is becoming more and more of who she is, more and more of a little girl. She loves her 'babies', her brothers and sisters and can hold her own when it comes to squealing stand offs and certainly knows how to deal with big brother bullying! I have to admit the latter is half amusing and half disturbing. She knows how to sort the washing and where the flannels go and helps out when changing her nappy. 


I am more than a little sad that my baby is nearly no longer a baby but I am enjoying her more and more all the time. Mama's hold your babies tight, breathe deeply of their softness and baby-dom. For really it is only a whisper of a time and then it's gone. I think the more kids you have the more you come to appreciate that truth.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx