Friday, March 4, 2016

Moments in March Day 5 - New Adventures New Friends

Saturday, the day of endless possibilities, a blank canvas of time just waiting to be painted upon. We had a rare day with absolutely no plans. Of course there were plenty of things we could of filled the day with......my wardrobe definitely needs a overhaul as does the girls room and I could of done stuff in the garden but no. We decided all that could wait, we wanted, we needed to do something completely different and today was the day for it. 


After a quick ring to friends to see if they wanted to join us in an adventure we were off. Really it amazes me at how fast we can get organised and out of the house when we all really want to and there was no fighting over who sits where in the van! 


First stop...hot chips for lunch and to pick up friends, of course the kids play musical cars! We end up as a nearly all boy car. We ventured down the line a bit to visit new friends from church who ( wait for it) live off grid. Ahhhhh! So freaking cool. 


We drove up there drive way and I am already imagining living here....chickens everywhere, the garden and yard is country messy and to die for, solar panels, rustic cottage and meandering stream close by. See what I mean!! They took for a walk around their property to visit their horses including Lily the wee pony pictured here, cows and to investigate their own personal cave. Our walk was followed up by scrummy fresh pikelets with homemade plum jam. Seriously I am moving in! What is even more cool is that the story of their journey about their eight years on the property is amazing. They have built and developed everything from scratch themselves. 


They were so proud yet felt so blessed to show us their home. He said as we left that it totally had made his day to see the kids play, discover and enjoy his home. I loved watching my kids in this environment, playing as childhood should be. My girls and Jesse fell in love with the pony and was so over the moon that they got to have a ride. 


We left with big smiles and jars of plum jam. Truly a good day.....I dare say we will be back!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx