Monday, March 7, 2016

Moments in March Day 8 - Tuesday

Teaching this one the art of licking the bowl after a birthday cake baking session. She needed no instruction about it really. ...she clawed my leg and tried to push me away from the bench. Perhaps she has seen the others fight to see who gets to lick it. I almost need to draw up a roster. 


I haven't been feeling the best today, I have been battling a headache for the past few days and feeling.....foggy. But as us mums are good at soldiering on in amongst feelings of unwellness ....so I carry on. 


There is cakes to be made and birthdays to prep for. Thursday starts the first of three birthday seasons in our house. March is one, as is May/June and Nov/Dec. The two older girls are on March and are just three days apart. So we have to get our party on tomorrow ready for the next few days. 


We have a number of traditions surrounding birthdays in our family, one being the birthday person chooses their cake and I will do my best to attempt at creating it. To date I have made 52 cakes so one would think I would be a pro at it. I am not, I have had some terrific disasters! 


So the first one up is a strawberry.....relatively easy, next I am not entirely convinced I can pull it off. Sophie has asked for a unicorn. Eek. You all best be sending me great cake- making vibes! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx