Friday, March 25, 2016

Moments in March Day 26 - Stay-cation

Having to stay home with sick kids while the rest of your family isn't cool but it hasn't been at all the end of my world. Sure I am super gutted to be missing out on all the fun but I am actually finding this quite relaxing. 


Yes I am running after an active recuperating still very rashy toddler, a still vomiting seven year old and an almost better nine year old but being at home with only three kids has given me the time and the space just to potter about and slow down. Also the mental space to reflect and ponder on somethings. 


I have managed to sort through some of the kids clothes and shoes and wash sheets and duvet covers. I have slowly walked the estate, pulled a few weeds and seen what is poking its head up through the soil ready to surprise us. It's been nice. I haven't had to or been able to go anywhere. I have been at home. 


Everywhere I see the changing that's going on around us as summer gives way to autumn. The leaves are slowly turning and falling, I saw my first mushroom standing tall on the back lawn and the garden (seen here) is on its last legs as everything is turning to seed and the last if the tomatoes hang on browning vines like bright red Christmas baubles. 


I feel like knitting again. What shall I knit I wonder? I am not so much of a fan of winter but one like I am looking forward to is NO flies! I loathe them. 


So all wasn't lost by having to stay home in fact even though it would be nice to be with the others ....I have been given a gift.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx