Sunday, March 20, 2016

Moments in March Day 20 - Let Life Happen

Isn't these the most gorgeous set of photos....Well I reckon they are if I do say so myself. 


There can't be too many places in the world that you can just turn off the main road for a rest stop and find yourself on the shores of a beautiful lake with a natural thermal pool just metres from the parked car and mere inches from the lapping water of the lake. 


Oh to be young again or at least young enough where it doesn't matter if you strip down to your underwear and take a bath. I was insanely jealous of my younger two. The water was deliciously warm! There is something to be said for bathing outside. 


We didn't plan for this to happen, it just did and we let it. Embraced the luxury of time and spent more than a little while treating ourselves and the kids to a foot bath and for two of them a jolly good soaking. 


Previous parent me (back when I only had one or two kiddies) might not have so accommodating and so ok with having my kids strip off for a random dunking on the side of the road. I certainly wouldn't of been ok with using Frankie pair of tights as a wash clothe to wipe away all the stickiness from a rogue lollipop that she got stuck and tangled up in her hair. The removal of the offending lollipop resulted in tears and slight hair loss.


 Ahhh those things right there are future memories! Just this stop alone brought about a conversation of why the water is hot and where it comes from. We even had squizz at the source bubbling up from the ground. What better way to learn than to be experiencing and discovering it first hand! 


I am still jealous though I couldn't roll around in it like Jesse and Frankie. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx