Thursday, March 10, 2016

Moments in March Day 11 - Town Day

Now any of you with little people or had little people will know that a trip to town with any number of them in tow isn't going to be a quick trip in and out. Its going to be more like in round and round and round, up and down, sideways and if you are lucky out again.

You have to be prepared and you have to be armed with sure fire tactics in order to get out alive and sane. This was me today on my trip to town with Jesse (3) in tow. I had a mission to accomplish.....birthday present shopping.

First stop the toy shop...a toy shop with a train set kiddies can play with while parents peruse. Kind of them but not when it comes time to leave. Potential meltdown....lucky I went in armed with a dollar for a ride on the coin operated horse outside. Tick for me!

Toilet stop next followed by a detour for a close up of the working crane....of course! Uh oh....he's hungry....pitstop for fries and drink, in-store.

Next stop The Warehouse (department store), I am sure he kid tested every truck, digger and action figure in-store. Bless him he even put some new knickers for me in the trolley....he will make a good husband!

Next stop....a toilet stop. We had to wait for the person before us before our turn....which caused Jesse to want to pee outside on the grass (you know you live in the country when that is an option in a small persons mind). Fortunately I managed to convince him that wasn't the done thing in town.

Next stop the supermarket where he refused to get in the trolley which meant he ran around trying to smuggle allsorts into the trolley including chocolate bunnies and coat hangers and he tried to change the freezer settings in the frozen food section. Why put them at kid height I ask?!

So yes I bribed him with a lollipop at the end, a purple one at that. Drastic times us cause for drastic measures ah? All is well that ends well and we made it home in one piece phew in a whopping three hours and ten minutes! Whoop whoop go me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx