Monday, May 2, 2016

Musings of May Day 3 - Love Wins

I have been thinking about love for a while now. Not the kind of love the I share with my husband but LOVE. The love of everyday people.  What prevents us from loving people so? I would say fear. (but I think that is another blog)

I am not even going to gloss over the fact that being in this role that I have with Loving Arms well its sees me mixing with people that I NEVER thought I would. People from ALL walks of life are coming across my path that I knew about but "knew" about from a distance.  They truly are some colorful people.  And you know what it is truly the best thing ever!

Sure my boundaries have been stretched and my bubble of comfort is no longer a bubble. Now what has happened since God has grabbed me by the hand and lead me to this place is that I LOVE people.....I just want to love them. I want them to feel the kind of love that God has for everyone. I want them to feel blessed, good enough, welcome, hugged,  included, like they matter, that they are important......that they are LOVED. L-O-V-E-D.  I have often used the saying "Love them until the ask why" I termed I have pinched from my pastor and his wife.  Doesn't it just sum up what our mission statement is that was left to us by Christ himself?

"Jesus replied, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love you neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" Matthew 22:37-40

Its easy to speak this out but its another to feel it. REALLY feel it and certainly another to act on it. My prayer is that the love I have will continue to grow, that it will look past and not see circumstances, lifestyles, reasons, choices, habits and just love them as God has loved me. Pure unconditional LOVE.  









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx