Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Musings of May Day 12 - Slow Day

Today has been a much better day thanks! Phew! I think I deserved a medal after yesterdays dramas and handling them all on my own seeing I was the only adult here. I thought I might of been in for a rocky day as I didn't a lot of sleep at all. Frankie hasn't been well with random high temps over the past 24 hours so is extra clingy cuddly and is requiring many many more snuggles than normal. As mush as I love this there was a period of time last night where I was sooooo not impressed.

So little sleep and a grizzly wee girl to contend with I thought I may have been in for a rocky day but low and behold it has actually been quite pleasant! Two of the older boys went to work with Jamie for a few hours and did the grocery shopping on the way home. The others busied themselves here at home.  When I looked around at what they were all doing at one point, I just felt incredibly blessed by this lifestyle.  As much as sometimes having the kids underfoot all of the time is a challenge, I do so love it.  This morning Jayden, Kaitlyn and Sophie spent most of the morning playing a business/entrepreneurial type game.  Jayden loves games, a stickler for the rules and is super competitive so it was nice to see him explain the ins and outs of the game with his sisters. he still won though. Jesse spent time watching YouTube clips of tractors, farm machinery and diggers at work. Then when ventured outside to watch the landlord move his cows drive his motorbike and his tractor.

So really a good day here, a slow kind of day.  Plus its date night tonight so a yummy dinner without the kids, uninterrupted conversations and quality time to dream and plan maybe even a movie to end it. Yay!  How is your Thursday looking?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx