Monday, May 23, 2016

Musings of May Day 23 - Winning and Winter Woes

Some time I feel like I am winning at life more than other days. Do you have that too? Today was one of those mornings. Even though the house was still in post-weekend shambles I managed to be a cool mum and instigate some messy play. Pinterest is fab for ideas of cool things to do with kids. We did a whole heap of shaving cream and food colouring pictures. My fingers are still stained green and blue from it. Only one child managed to stain his face and that was the 15 year old who was trying to be funny. I did warn him! 


Because I needed to spend some more time pulling the next unit study together I got the kids doing Lego challenges this morning. This saw zip lines all over the lounge with flying Lego men zipping from one end of the room to another. Even though Lego ended up from one end of the house to another it was loads of fun. Not all our home schooling days are as much fun and creative, perhaps they should be or even could be but they aren't. 


It's been rainy on and off for the past five days which makes drying washing that much harder. While I don't mind putting the odd load of clothes through the drier I refuse to do the same with the towels for fear of what it might do to the power bill. I suppose everyone around here is having that same problem too but I bet their mountain of washing just waiting to be washed is as big as mine! Please be sunny tomorrow! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx