Saturday, May 21, 2016

Musings of May Day 21 - My Go-To Recipe

Everyone has a favourite go-to recipe right? One that you make every time you are off out somewhere and asked to bring a dish or if you are people over and you need to whip something up fast. Well this is one of mine. It's super fast and yummy and I especially love it because you can whip it up in a flash using the slicing attachment of your kitchen whizz. Bonus! I do make double the amount of dressing though as I am a greedy girl and like to have a large dollop of dressing instead of a more polite amount. My husband does too. 


We spent the evening with lovely friends, friends that have recently come into our lives but feel like we have known them forever. Comfy friends! Good friends. We actually left one of children there tonight ( on purpose ) she is having a sleep over. She couldn't get rid of us fast enough. I'll try not to be offended ...kidding! I guess to her it didn't really feel like a sleep over if we were still hanging around. She was very excited, she must of been as soon as I got out of bed this morning she was asking if it was time to go yet. 


But just when we thought we might have a bit more peace in the house we have an extra staying....a friend that I have known since he was born. Quite speciallu really. He is hanging out gaming and eating ice cream with Casey tonight. I love watching my kids develop good friendships and enjoying themselves with them. Even if it does make for a bit more taxi-ing around after them and means I need to look a little more presentable in the mornings then that's cool. We have always wanted to be a part of our kids lives and a big part of that is friendships. We need to embrace their friends and make opportunities for them to hang out and do so safely. 


So now that most of the kids are asleep we are snuggled up by the fire watching Sherlock Holmes. A good, a very good Saturday night! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx