Friday, May 6, 2016

Musings of May Day 6 - Nap time

Its time like this in my day where its just me and her that I cherish and I think she does too.  She knows when she is tired and she tells me its time too.  The tugging at my shirt, the murmurings of her words, her pointing to our bedroom, her getting me my book that I am reading at the moment.  She knows. Its is never really the same time each day. It could be early, it could be late but she knows. I'll ask her if she is tired and wants to sleep and she will nod her head, actually she nods with her whole body. She is excited.  

So we make our way to the bed, she sets up her pillow and snuggles in me arms and lap and positions herself ready to fall asleep and I feed her.  Its a time where we both are alone and both in tune with each other. As I feed her she is sleepy, she strokes my arms and face, she likes the feel of my skin. She looks sleepily into my eyes and smiles at me with them. Its not long until she gives way to sleep. I kiss her forehead and smell her hair. I want to breath her in, her chubbiness, her cuteness, her smallness. 

Oh how I love her. Oh how I love this time where its just the two of us alone. Slowly she gives way to sleep and I can lie her down and let her rest in the crook of my arm and feel her breathing settle into a slow steady rhythm. I always stay that little bit longer to not only finish my chapter but to steal some more of these moments. I am in love.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx