Saturday, May 7, 2016

Musings of May Day 7 - My Birthday


Today was my birthday. Today I turned 39. Yep its getting a little too close to 40 for my liking. You know what I don't actually feel like me age. I feel like I am still 24 or something....I certainly don't feel 39. 

I have had such a nice day. Started with a sneaky breakfast muffin and morning of soccer (as you do at this time of year), followed up by a yummy lunch, a spot of shopping in Hamilton, a birthday afternoon tea with one of the best families I know and topped off with a sneaky surprise dinner WITH NO CHILDREN, with my hot hubby, his brother and his wife who just happens to be my bestie!  I actually can't remember the last time we went out for dinner with another couple and not had a kiddie with us. Oh the conversations we had and with no toilet missions, no spilt drinks with serviette mop ups and no dropped fries! Really the best way to end a birthday!  

We must of tried to take this photo about eight times in the end the waitress took this photo...this way not one of us had the extra close up. I am so thankful for my husband and bestie to organise this...I feel so truly blessed and so full....I don't think I'll need anymore food for a few days. Now off to snuggle on the couch with my husband and enjoy the last couple of hours of my birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx