Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Musings of May Day 18 - Backyard Play

Hands up who remembers doing something similar to this.....making stew, soup or in this case juice. Mud, leaves, sticks, berries, petals, dirt and water all mixed together with a stick. Here the kids have made it inside an old rotting out tree stump. Ahhh brings back so many memories of doing the same thing. My sister and I amd some friends down the road used to make "perfume" out of squashed flower petals poured into empty glass bottles. I think we even had a road side stall at the end of my friends driveway once. I dont think we made any sales but you can't blame us for trying. We were on to a winner or so we thought. Another venture I remember embarking on was collecting seashells off the beach with another friend when I was really small and going door to door at the beach houses or baches along the beach. I remember selling one for five dollars in which we promptly had to return to the buyer.....our parents weren't too impressed with us. Darn it we were clearly on to a winner there! But what I live about watching kids do this kind of thing is where their creativity and imagination takes them. As long as they don't try to ingest it then they can play like this for as long as they like. I'll turn a blind eye to the extra washing it creates too.....what's a few extra pairs of pants when you already have enough for 57 people. Play away kids, play away!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx