Thursday, May 12, 2016

Musings of May Day 13 - Family Night Sleepover

Since no one is able to sleep in tomorrow due to a crazy schedule of soccer games starting at 745am. Yes thats right! 745am Who wants to be out of the house at that time!!  Kaitlyn suggested we all sleep in the lounge and have a movie night.  

So even though two of the older boys are out at youth group and I am out at a ladies event for church tonight (dessert, coffee and great company - can't really get too much better can it) we decided yes lets! So once again a full scale mission was underway to pull everyone's mattresses  off beds and set up a configuration that will sleep nine people in the lounge plus see the TV for movie watching.  The little ones will EVENTUALLY fall asleep at SOME stage and in some position and the bigger kids and adults can watch a movie....possibly something along the lines of Star Wars - The Force Awakens....oh joy......so not a movie person but I am taking one for the team!!  

So you can see by the photo that one kiddie is wearing only undies, another on the left is in the process of bouncing from the couch to the mattresses, the other small one is currently hiding under pillows and already the blankets are all mixed up and missing off their original beds. 

Just in case you are thinking that it all goes swimmingly and we are one big happy family...its has its ups and downs and their is always arguments about someone toe being on someones bed and someone farting too loudly. Always!  But we do this to make cool memories and I would like to think that one day my kids will do this with their kids!! I hope their spouses are prepared!!  

What are you up to this Friday night?


1 comment:

  1. What FUN!! I used to love having sleepovers in the lounge when it was my birthday x

    (www.lisasaurus.com)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx