Sunday, May 8, 2016

Musings of May Day 9 - Thank you

I am of the opinion that there are two little words that aren't used often enough. Thank you.  I really struggle with this. Is our society becoming void of good manners? Or are we not just thankful? What are your thoughts?

Through my role with Loving Arms, a God inspired and led ministry that I started nearly two years ago, I have met some beautiful and wonderful people. Some amazing mums with crazy stories of hardship, sacrifice and how they are overcoming their circumstances. Seriously people...you must know that there is always someone worse off than you in ANY circumstance. Not to take anything away from what you might be going through but it certainly does open ones eyes.

Most of the mums and families that we have helped have been super, over-the-moon, in your face grateful. Obviously this is not why we do what we do.  We aren't called to help and assist so we can receive a pat on the back and feel good about ourselves. But I am just going to say that a simple thank you is sadly beyond some peoples vocabulary. Nothing. Nope. Nil. And I really do think that is just rude! Don't you? Fortunately like I said most are thankful but there has been a few that have just been difficult to help, to deal with and are always wanting more and with no thanks. This of course makes me mad and I feel used and because I know how much work goes on behind the scenes by my team members it makes me sad.

So my friends I probably am preaching to the converted but lets all be thankful. Lets all say "Thank you" to everyone that crosses our paths this week. From the person at the check out, to the pump attendant at the petrol station, the caretaker at school, your mum, your sister, your soccer coach. In an age when everyone's time is precious and these are the people that are choosing to spend their time on you...lets make their day and say "Thank you". It will make them smile if not on the outside most... definitely on the inside!

I'll leave you with Miss Frankie and her adorable smile, who is perfecting her selfie face...only because I had no photo to illustrate "Thank you"!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx