Sunday, July 24, 2016

Joys of July Day 24 - Slippers

Today's joys are these puppies! Wonderfully soft and freshly hand knitted bed socks made by a dear friends mum just for me! Oh how I love them. I couldn't wait to get them home to put them on only because it would of looked mighty funny if I had worn them through church this morning. Every girl needs a pair of these I tell you.

Slipping my feet into these after my hot post-run-in-the-rain shower was just bliss. Bliss in a pair of socks.

Some other joys of today was being able to get out on the road for a long run....did I just write that? Me who hated running as a kid/teenager, me who developed a sore stomach three weeks out from the school cross country so I didn't have to compete. Yes me. I ran for 40 mins today and got caught in two torrential downpours and high winds but it was so good. Good that I am feeling back to 100% that I can do that. I am feeling it in my legs tonight though.

Another joy was having only my eldest son accompany me to night church where I got to listen to my good friend preach. He is so awesome even if he does pinch my phone and use it to check his Facebook account and message his friends.

Tell me...what was one joy of yours today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx