Saturday, July 30, 2016

Joys of July Day 30 - Gift of Giving

You know when you were kids and your mum (or dad ) used to say that it was better to give than to receive and if you were like me, you were like "Say what???" Truth be told.....I like to receive, I think if we are all honest we all probably like to receive things, especially if its your love language.  If you don't know about 'Love Languages', have a "Google" of them. Its quite enlightening really and certainly helps your close relationships with people if you know what their love language/s are. Mine is mainly quality time and acts of service with a touch of gifts.

But as my mum used to tell me...it truly is better to give than to receive. I feel that now. I know I post on this from time to time. But every time one of our Loving Arms bundles gets selected and packed up for a precious mum I imagine what it would be like to receive one. What it would be like to open up the boxes and see what has been lovingly pack for me and my precious baby. What it would be like to know that there are people out there that care  and want to help me. To know that I don't have to worry about finding the money to buy the things that I need for my baby. Oh I would love to be a fly on the wall.

I am not going to lie. I get great satisfaction at packing up a bundle and delivering it. Not because it gets me warm fuzzies but because I get to be the hands and feet of Jesus.
Jesus loved so we are to love also!

This was my joy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx