Saturday, July 9, 2016

Joys of July Day 9 - A Mother Blessing

I have so much to share with you and so many joys of today. I can't share them all with you as its late and its cold and my bed is calling me. I am scraping in by the skin of my teeth by getting this posted before midnight. My biggest joy today was facilitating a friends Mother Blessing. I have to admit I was a little nervous as I didn't know most of the people there and was wondering what everyone would think of the evening as it is so vastly different to the traditional 'baby shower'.  I will do a seperate post later on about it properly but for now just leave you with some tidbits.

Joys of today....

BABKA - And I am going to say so myself but I did a great job of baking this and it turned out just like in the picture and its was divine! 10 out of 10!

BEAUTIFUL HENNA BELLY ART - Totally a new experience for just about everyone there this evening. Guests were invited to decorate the mama-to-be beautiful pregnant belly. Her precious wee button housed in there made it difficult as she decided to join in the party by dancing.

FAIRY LIGHTS - How can anyone not feel joy over fairy lights!

HOMEMADE GIFTS - A lot of love went into some of these gifts tonight. Gorgeous handmade booties, snuggly handknitted slippers for the feet of the mama-to-be and delicious homemade meals ready to be popped into the freezer for when baby comes. This mama was feeling the love.

Now all we need is a baby!!! We are all waiting sweet thing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx