Thursday, July 28, 2016

Joys of July Day 29 - Simple Things

Yahoo! Today is Friday which is our house means its sleep in day. Excellent! Just what is needed especially when I can drift back to sleep listening to the wind and the rain pounding the house around us. I wonder if in our next house we will still be able to hear the rain on the roof? Crazy crazy weather we are having. I take comfort that officially its just over a month left of winter and then we are into Spring. Yay!

Today's joys......

WOOD. We just got another load of firewood delivered today. THANK YOU GOD! I am especially thankful for this wood as its delivery was a answer to prayer. Last week we noticed that we were getting low. Jamie rang the wood man (is there an official title to a firewood man?) expecting that we would have wood in the next day or two only to be told that there was a three week wait on wood! Say what?  That has never happened.  So we carried on very aware of our dwindling supply. Jamie rang yesterday just to check to see if there was a break through. You never know. Again only to be told (very apologetically) we would have to wait two weeks! We only had enough to last maybe two or three days if we were very very careful with what was left. I thought about asking on the local Buy and Sell site, we perused the newspaper for firewood for sale ads, nothing. Jamie prayed, I prayed....Jamie is hardly ever stressed, I stress. Jamie tells me not to worry about it///// And what do you know the wood guy rings us this morning to tell us that he has tracked down a load of week just for us!!!!  Lucky Jamie went out with the cheque or I might of kissed him! I HATE being cold. THANK YOU GOD. He is so awesome!

GAMES. The board game of the week/month is Rummikub. Everyone is playing it all of the time.  I even manage to win my first game ever this morning. Yes I was a terrible winner and let EVERYONE know about it! You have to understand that I hardly never win any game unless its the Logo game or Trivial Pursuit and thats only because I am a bit of a geek.

Whats your favourite board game? Do you win or lose mostly?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx