Thursday, August 18, 2016

August Anecdotes Day 18 - Waiting waiting waiting

I am amazed, totally amazed that we are over half way through August now. Seriously I am sure someone is speeding up the clock.  But that also means that its NEARLY spring and I am so excited about that.  Hands up who else is.

It was such a beautiful day today and I spent a lot of time sitting out in the sun reading. Such bliss!

We packed up Casey's room today, shifted him into the other boys room so there is now four boys in one room. Fart city! We wiped down the walls, cleaned the windows and skirting boards. Vacuumed. Then we stacked up all the boxes that we have packed up into that room and shut the door. One room done. It certainly doesn't to long when there is a number of you cleaning up a storm.  We are slowly ticking off our to do list and the next two days we will get even more done. I think Jamie is planning to water blast the outside tomorrow. Waiting waiting waiting.

So in the midst of all this packing and waiting we are still doing schooling, albeit no big massive topics. One of my kids folded the towels today (at my request) and then after came to me and said

"Mum do you know what 6 x 4 is?"
 I said "yes, do you?"
"24" was the reply
"How do you know that?" I asked.
"Well I made six piles of four towels each and that equals 24" was the proud statement.

Ah I love this real life math and real life learning! Quite simple really.

How was your Thursday? Did you get out and enjoy the sun?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx