Sunday, August 28, 2016

August's Anecdotes Day 28 - Finding a New Groove

If you have been following along lately you will know that I recently weaned Frankie (nearly two). Surprisingly its been quite a smooth process throughout. Phew! Thursday night was our last feed together and for the past two night Jamie has been putting her to bed, therefore I didn't have to deal with any tears etc she might of had. Tonight however, Jamie and all the older kids are out which left just me and the two younger ones at home to do the bedtime routine.  I was determined for it to go smoothly. The photo is of Frankie and I lying on our tummy's watching her favourite cartoon before bed...finding a new kind of groove.

I am so pleased that she didn't get upset with me and at not being able to feed. She asked and I just said that they were all gone because she had drunk them all. She put her hand in my shirt and lay down and closed her eyes. NO TEARS from her (or me)! Yay!  I really couldn't have asked for a smoother process at all. So now its two kids in bed asleep and the house is so quiet. Is this what normal houses sounds like?

A nice Sunday today...some other random happenings included having to go across and down the road to where I saw mama-cat carry her last kitten, knock on their door and ask to rummage through their yard to find a litter of kittens. Little Tart. Fortunately we found them. I hope she doesn't try to move them again.

Jamie preached an awesome message this morning on 'Prayer'. What I heard was fantastic as I was in and out with a little person who only at the very end decided to climb up me and nestle in my arms and go to sleep. Bless her.  I love listening to him preach.....I still get overwhelmed at it though...never in a million years would I have seen us where we are.  That's what happens when you walk with God I suppose.

Happy Sunday people!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx