Wednesday, August 17, 2016

August's Anecdotes Day 17 - Faith and Trust

I captured this shot of Jesse watching the sunrise. I love it so much. We often watch for the sun to 'wake up' and get out of bed. Yes I am up that early. As much as I hate getting out of bed USUALLY when I am up and about I am glad that I did. Especially when you have glorious displays like this.

It makes me wonder where, in a few weeks or so, what our view will be and if we will get to see the sunrise. 

Faith. Its a simple concept but often difficult to master and its no secret that we are facing a very big test of faith...possibly the biggest yet.  As I was reading my bible today I came across the story of Elijah and Ahab (1 Kings 18) I was really encouraged by it. There is definitely a sermon in what I read today. Here is a couple of points that really spoke to me:-
After three years of famine and no rain
1) Elijah heard the sound of abundance of rain (v41) yet it still hadn't rained yet. He was listening intently to what God was saying and was speaking it out even though it hadn't happened yet.
2) Elijah went up and humbled himself and continually worshiped God (v42)
3) Elijah told his servant to go and look for signs of rain, he did this six times and each time there was nothing but on the 7th time there was a small rain cloud in the distance. He then told Ahab to get ready for the rain was coming (v43) He kept on believing inspite of negative reports.
4) A little while later the heavens opened and there was great rain that poured down on the land (v44)

In summary for me
1) We have heard God speak and we are believing for it and speaking it out even though it hasn't happened yet.
2) We are continuing with our worship and thanksgiving to God - for He is good.
3) We will continue to wait and watch for our "rain cloud" and continue to get ready for our breakthrough.
4) When the heavens 'open' and God moves bringing our new home into sight, we will be victorious and ever so thankful. (and 

Isn't that an awesome piece of encouragement for not only me but for everyone who is facing a trial or a test of faith right now.  Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx