Thursday, August 11, 2016

August's Anecdotes Day 11 - All Worthwhile

Heya! So apparently a number of you thought yesterdays blog was pretty cute. I thought so too but then again I am unashamedly biased and all.  She is pretty cute even when she has tipped porridge all over the kitchen floor. The other thing that a number of you commented on was the way that it was handled by me her mother. So calm and Ok with it.  I feel like I should comment on this.

Yes I did really react like I said I did but lease know that if this had been one of my older kids I definitely wouldn't of reacted the way I did. In fact I probably would of had a meltdown and growled and carried on ranting about "how I couldn't believe my life has come to this" or "how come stuff like this has to happen to me" Blah blah blah. You know crazy stuff like that.

But one of the great advantages of having a larger than average sized family is that 1) I have become so use to walking in and seeing some kind of crisis or mess, that very little will bring me to the fore mentioned level.  2) I have learnt when kids are just being kids, when a near two year old is just being two and can put things into perspective. And 3) I have learnt to recognize when kids are being naughty and she wasn't.  Again all advantages of having numerous occasion to learn these things. One of my biggest regrets is not knowing back then, what I know now.  We are all on a learning journey and rest assured I still am.

We are still dealing with colds and flu around here and now its Jesse's turn. Poor boys has been lying on the couch all day so we definitely know he is sick because he NEVER just lies there. He has been needing loads of 'huggles' all day and time with his Dad or me just sitting with him.  This is heart melting. My baby boy, just wanting me (or his Dad) and that we could give that to him. Because today he wanted nothing else..... it makes the all crazy stuff worthwhile!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx