Saturday, August 6, 2016

August's Anecdote Day 6 - Home Comforts

Are you like me and just about tearing your hair out over this weather? Its been raining here for what I am pretty sure is 4 weeks. Yes thats right 4 weeks of rain. Rain. Which means everything is wet and muddy and one can no longer dry their towels on the line. Which is actually a pretty big thing here in New Zealand. The majority of the population use a washing line, an outside washing line to dry their clothes on. Just not this month. I haven't known it to be this wet for a VERY long time. Today has been different though, it been freezing cold with it. Up until now the temperature this winter has actually been quite mild. But with the huge dump of snow just a wee way south from here, temperatures have plummeted to frosty levels. My poor kids got a bit cold playing soccer this morning.

So today was most definitely an inside day. The fire stoked up constantly and for me probably one too many coffees and cups of tea.  I also spent some time stocking up the biscuit tins because one always needs a cookie to have with a hot drink. Add to that, the kids are always ferreting in the biscuits tins for something to eat. So on the menu today was Choc chip biscuits, a double batch. As soon as I haul out the big mixing bowl they come out of the woodwork to 'help' but really that means eat the mixture as I go and pinch choc chips out of the container.

This winter weather always means board game and Rummikub is still the game of the moment. I think I played everyone one of my kids at least once.  Kaitlyn beat me and beat me good. Actually I don't even think I won one game today. I very rarely win. But in saying that I am a terrible winner I never let anyone forget it. Perhaps thats why I don't win at all.

Are you surviving this weather? What is the weather like where you are?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx