Tuesday, August 16, 2016

August's Anecdotes Day 16 - Real World Real Learning

Being a mother of four boys and four home-schooled boys I have long known that the inner workings of boys brains are beyond me....far beyond me. What I think is odd or weird or not entirely normal....well apparently it's just what boys do. Lets take their play fighting as example, bearing in mind that I grew up in a nice peaceful house full of girls. Play fighting....where anything goes, anytime and anywhere. It can turn serious at a moments notice and then back to play fighting just as quick.  Mostly I cope with it and sometimes not but none the less I can't watch. Whats worse is that they play fight with Jamie each trying to 'win' against Dad.  Its so strange...why can't they just read a book? or colour in?

Casey is growing fast and the time where its me "teaching" him is long been and gone. Now its more of a facilitator, guide and encourager. He has more of a 'hands on' approach to learning and loves to get out there and do it. He certainly doesn't want to read and write about it.

So embracing that he is about to start work experience alongside a very dear friend and one of his mentors. Someone who we trust and love and more importantly someone who has a friendship and interest with and in Casey's life. Jamie and I recognise that we can't give him all the experience that he needs or wants because we don't possess those skills so for a while...Fridays is all about outsourcing expertise and exposure as he learns something of the building trade. Something we are so very grateful for. Very grateful. I think I am as excited as he is.

Real world, Real learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx