Tuesday, August 30, 2016

August's Anecdotes Day 31 - Strength from Exodus

The Bible has been my source of comfort and strength over the past weeks or so now. I don't think it has ever spoken to me as much it has during this time. Nearly everyday what every I am reading I keep coming across the words "believe, trust and rely upon"!  Believe, Trust, Rely. We are nearly inside ten days until we are suppose to be out of this house. We have picked up the pace in our cleaning and sorting and making sure everything is right and in order for our landlords to move back in.

Truthfully, I feel like there is a battle gong on for my faith and trust. It definitely a moment by moment walk. One minute I am up and the next I am down and then I am up again. God and I have had loads of talking time lately. I have enjoyed it and He probably has too.  God must have big shoulders because one minute I am full of praise and joy and worship and the next I am angry.

A life by faith. Its what we as a couple and as a family are called to live.  Right in this moment this is the biggest mountain we have faced. Not only it the mountain standing in our way but there are myriad of other mountains that are standing right along with it.  Timing, finances, resources and other random personal struggles.

When I look back I can see God has never let us down and we have hundreds of miracles that we can recall to you. Each and every time God has come through for us and has not let us fall. So why do I, at times falter and doubt.   Oh I must know every promise and every scripture the points to His faithfulness and provision there is.....I know because I am constantly reminding God of them...you know just in case He has forgotten.

God will move. Like He has done every other time. It wasn't until Moses and the Israelite's had they feet paddling in the water of the Red Sea in front of them and the Egyptian we bearing down on them from every other side.  It was then and only then did God move and part the way for them and blow their minds with a spectacular miracle.

We have no plan B. God is it.

"Moses told the people, Fear not; stand still (firm confident, undismayed) and see the salvation of the Lord which He will work for you today. For the Egyptians you have seen today you shall never see again. The Lord will fight for you and you shall hold your peace and remain at rest. The Lord said to Moses, Why do you cry to Me? Tell the people of Israel to go forward!  Lift up your rod and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it, and the Israelite's shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.....The Egyptians shall know and realise that I am the Lord when I have gained honor and glory over Pharaoh, his chariots and his horsemen. And the Angel of God Who went before the host of Israel moved and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before them and stood behind them........Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night and made the sea dry land; and the waters were divided.  And the Israelite's went into the midst of the sea on dry ground, the waters being a wall to them on their right and on their left......And Israel say that great work which the Lord did against the Egyptians, and the people [reverently] feared the Lord and trusted in (relied on , remained steadfast to) the Lord and to His servant Moses.......................The Lord is my Strength and my Song, and He has become my Salvation; this is my God and I will praise Him, my father;s God and I will exalt Him. - Exodus 14:13 - 15:2

Sunrise this morning!\

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx