Tuesday, August 23, 2016

August's Anecdotes Day 24 - Downtime

I have been trying really hard lately to feed me. No not with food I certainly do not need to try hard with that...it comes all to easy. I love food. I also actually love to read. Growing up I would read well into the night, every single night. But like I said lately its something I don't have a lot of time for. And when I do read its usually a teaching or leadership or church type of book. Not that there is anything wrong with that at all. But I really do enjoy a good novel.  I went through a period of time where I would get frustrated with novels and struggled to find a good book with a strong story-line and equally strong characters. It also seemed as though every book I picked up someone would die and I hate that.  So I took myself off to the library and got some books out and have been making an effort to read a novel in my downtime. Not that I have a lot of it but its all about making in happen.

I usually read while I am putting Frankie down to sleep during the day and have always read doing this. Now when she is getting ready to bed she says "book" which means I have to get my book and take her to bed. By golly she is so cute.

So the book of choice at the moment is a novel by one of my favourite Christian authors. She usually does series but this is just a stand alone novel of hers and completely different from her others. Actually one of my all-time favourite and life changing series is by her - "The Red River Series". I have read it about three times and could easily read it again.

So I stole a few moments over a cup of coffee this afternoon to read a few more chapters. OH Hello me...I have missed you!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx