Tuesday, August 30, 2016

August's Anecdotes Day 30 - When Your 2yr old Climbs a Tree!

This is what two of my kids were doing at 8am this morning, one was still even in her pjs.  They actually pretty much spent all day in that tree. Kaitlyn got progressively higher and higher as the day went on. I tried not to look too much.  Frankie taught herself to climb the ladder into the tree when no one was looking and was sitting in the tree all by herself as one stage. I think my heart stopped for a moment then. Of course she didn't see the big deal and did not want to get out of the tree...I mean why would you?  I find it staggering how much little people can learn just by watching and listening.  She obviously had been watching the others climb the ladder into the tree and thought that she would try it herself.

Today was a decidedly better day....thankfully. I manage to punch through an obscene amount of cleaning in the kitchen.  I thought I better keep pressing on in our preparation to shift.  I was finding it hard to get inspired seeing as we don't know where we are going yet. But there is nothing like cranking up the sounds and blasting music away with a coffee close by to get you motivated to clean. I usually hate cleaning but definitely was amped to do it today.

It was good. It took my thoughts off the happenings and stopped me from over-thinking things.  I even found some new worship songs to add to my playlist.

I loved that the weather was beautiful and practically called my kids by name to be outside for most of the day. Everyone feels better when the weather is happy don't you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx