Wednesday, August 3, 2016

August's Anecdotes Day 3 - How to Get Kids to Eat!

Check these out! Don't they look cool! Cute! A friend delivered them to us a very scrummy meal complete with sneakily hidden veges so the kids don't notice and will chow it down. Obviously my friend knows how kids think because she bought these along with it. Aren't they just so cool.  They are up there with the alphabet noodles you used to put in vege soup. We used to try and spell out our names with them.

Isn't it amazing that if you cut food into shapes kids will eat them more readily.   I use a heart shape cutter to cut the centre out of bread to fry an egg inside of. We all call it an Egg in a Nest or An Egg in Bed.  My girls love that especially if they get to eat the fried heart shaped piece of bread.

My boys love it when I cut their sandwiches into the shapes of dinosaurs...don't worry I actually have a cutter for that.  I am not that talented. You get two dinosaurs out of one sandwich. I am pretty sure they are called Brachiosaurus or Long Neck if any of your kids used to be Land Before Time watchers.

Speaking of food and eating, I bit the bullet and weaned Frankie off her night time feeding. And PRAISE GOD it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It probably the thing I hate the most about parenting but we did. She woke at 0030hrs and we cuddled with her hand down my top and she slept until 0300hrs and woke and grizzled on and off for an hour and a half. In the end I told there was no more at night time and she got mad at me and rolled over and went to sleep (granted in my bed but thats ok) and slept until 7am. She was extra snuggly and cuddly today but thats to be expected. They always are. So only two days feeds to go. But not right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx