Friday, November 18, 2016

November's Notes Day 19 - Back Down to Earth

Just in case I got even the slightest little of big head after the last couple of days...my today would deflated any of that kind of business and would of brought me back down to earth if indeed I had my head in the clouds. Today couldn't of been normal even if it tried.  The funny thing about being labelled 'amazing' or 'super women' is that I am so not.  Today consisted of buying cat biscuits, scoring a super amazing bargain on chocolate yogurt and washing floors.  I don't think superwomen would of done any of that.  I also changed dirty nappies, wiped snotty faces, negotiated screen time, plastered bleeding toes and chased a certain two year old up the driveway lest a policewoman had to bring her back again. Yes that did actually happen.

Children keep you real. They keep you humbled and they keep you from ever thinking you might have the parenting thing sussed out. I don't and I don't think I ever will. Children I think have an uncanny ability to know when you think it might be safe to be on cruise mode....like a radar.....then they launch out surprise attacks from out of nowhere....all to keep you from getting a big head.

I do not have a big head...in fact...I am not anymore amazing than the next person. Crazier perhaps but not amazing.

That is all today...plus I have no photo of anybody with a big head...so I'll bless you with a pic of the cat biscuits that I bought today.  Aren't you lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx