Friday, November 11, 2016

November's Notes Day 12 - What an Honor

This photo doesn't do the product shown here justice. It was massive. What a blessing!  Today I have the honor of being invited to speak and share my heart at the baby shower of a beautiful mum-to-be. Pregnant with her third baby due in January she celebrated with a traditional baby shower but with a not-so traditional twist.

Instead of the guests bring her gifts she asked them to bring gifts for Loving Arms. And that is exactly what they all did......and they filled a blow up paddling pool to the brim with gorgeous presents.... nappies, wipes, breast pads, maternity pads, wraps, clothes with a big focus on premature baby clothes, toiletries for babies and for mums, gifts to treat mum, as well as substantial monetary donations.  In addition to that I was invited to speak to the guests, to share my heart and the vision of Loving Arms.

Isn't that such a cool idea...no matter what the charity is... it's a fantastic way of celebrating an occasion and support something bigger than yourself. I thought that I would be a little nervous but I didn't. I felt so welcomed and so honored and everyone was really enthusiastic and encouraging.  I stayed for afternoon tea and played the traditional baby shower games as well so I was able to connect with some of the mums that had so generously gifted to us.

I love that beautiful people can think outside the box and look for ways to help out in any way they can.  I finished off my time by encouraging them all that they too can make a difference, that they are strong and they can be brave.  That if they have a burning passion to see change or to help in some way....to just  do it. Take a step. Just start.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx