Saturday, November 19, 2016

November's Notes Day 20 - Him and I

I think we may have started a new tradition...him and I. Him of course being Jamie my hot preacher hubby.  For the past few Sundays we have been able to sneak out for a sneaky lunch/coffee date just the two of us. Sneaky because sometimes we actually have to sneak out from under the kids noses because of course they just want to come with us.

Today we went out for a light lunch for a chance to connect, reflect over the past week and weekend and nut out the goings on in the up-coming week and perhaps even chat about future dreams we may have. Today we talked a lot about Christmas and what that might look like for us. I have been a little homesick over the past little while, not all the time but certainly from time to time.  I didn't know what was wrong with me until I worked out that perhaps I was homesick and then it suddenly dawned on me that I don't actually have a home to be homesick for. Well that wasn't a pretty moment at all.

We are coming up to a very full part of the year and in a couple of weeks time we have a couple of more birthdays to celebrate too....the last ones for the year. Add a Christmas Parade, Christmas parties, among other things and you have a very full, fun but very full month or so.

So we figure its pretty important to be making space to connect with just the two of us because its pretty important for us to be on the same page as each other in order for the next few weeks to be able to run smoothly

Doesn't lunch look delicious!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx