Saturday, November 26, 2016

November's Notes Day 27 - Where is Summer?

Can I just say that I am sick of this weather?!  Can I just say that? Seriously its suppose to be summer in three or so days and.....well its not displaying any kind of summer tendencies. I am simply not happy!

In the Hawkes Bay where its sunny ALOT...you got a decent summer...probably almost too summery. We are talking drought prone weather... good for wine...not so good for the water table or any other kind of farming.  Summers were long and hot and dry. They start in late October and end around the end of March. Not here...summer is SLOW in coming. October is always a terribly windy month, followed by November which is very average spring-like. December well ...I am waiting for summer to kick into gear.

Man I sound so old moaning about the weather don't I?  But the weather does not do anything for the mood of people nor anything for my kiddies.  Summer will look completely different for us....not that I want to keep going on about it but not having a pool literally outside our back door will be a challenge for the kids this summer.  I wonder if I can make something exciting out of the sprinkler for them? Frankie and Jesse will probably be ok with this but somehow I don't think the older kids will be satisfied with having to run through the sprinkler in the backyard.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep cool this summer...like actually cool and also my cool? Go!

PS this photo doesn't do the big black clouds any justice at all!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx