Wednesday, November 16, 2016

November's Notes Day 17 - On Celebrating

I thought that I would get in early and blog now before everything gets busy crazy and I don't really want to have to do it tonight when I get home.  So as awkward as I feel about it all and incredibly nervous I am off to receive an award, a Local Hero Award for my work in the community through Loving Arms.

I am blessed to be able to have my family and friends to be coming with me, hopefully to hold my hand and maybe clap or two.

I am not comfortable being in this kind of centre of attention. I have no problem with being in the centre of attention and speaking in front of people...if its on my terms and I have control over it. You know like presenting a concept, sharing a message or MCing an evening. But when its this kind of attention I want to hide. But there will be no hiding tonight.

Please don't get me wrong I am incredibly grateful and EXTREMELY humbled by the nomination and being selected. I just hope everyone knows that its just not about me...that many people have come together, supported, donated, encouraged and volunteered their time in order for Loving Arms to have accomplished what it has.

What I am looking forward to is getting a little dressed up and playing adult with some of my family and friends and enjoying their company for the night.  We are going to have some fun! Hopefully I'll get a nice photo like this one out of it and I can post it tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx