Friday, November 11, 2016

November's Notes Day 11 - Shopping

I went shopping today. Like on purpose shopping for me. Maybe most of you will know that when you become a mum you don't normally just go out shopping just solely for you. It's only been in the last few years that I have even remotely enjoyed shopping for clothes......and even now there are still some days that I am not feeling it. Today was one of those days. Where is one's bestie when you need her????!!!

I looked in every single shop in town here excluding one extremely over price shop that sells designer labels made for women who have not had seven children and breast fed for ten years.   Do you think I could find anything?...No of course not. I tried on a mere three dresses all of which were black, one was too big and two clung to all the wrong places. Needless to say I came home defeated, grumpy and not in love with this post children/breast feeding body at all.  Yes yes I know at least someone is going to remind me about how amazing my body is and that I should make nice with the bits I don't like. Well today I am not feeling that either. I am just frustrated and blah.

Because my excursion into town was not fruitful I went and pulled three dresses out of the clothes I had in storage and brought home to try on. I need it to be dressy, feel comfortable in, look nice, not make me look to old or make me feel like mutton dressed up as lamb. Maybe I'll try them on tomorrow because today wasn't a good day for clothes and I. We are not friends today.

Oh but I have shoes though!!!

Ps no photo today because I didn't find anything to buy. I'll let you know what I choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx