Thursday, November 3, 2016

November;s Notes Day 4 - A Tiny Bit of Normal

I have been feeling a little fragile today. A little flat perhaps. As we find ourselves on the eve of a birthday, the first birthday or celebration of any kind since we moved out of our home of eight years.  I am feeling more than a little lost thinking about tomorrow....we have no normal. And today I am feeling sad about that.

As I flounder around regaining some kind of sense of control and stability.....we have made plans to try and recreate our birthday traditions for tomorrow. The cake is made, breakfast cereal and party food is brought, presents await to be wrapped, balloons ready to be blown up and crepe paper needing to be hung.  I am aware that Frankie has nothing to compare this birthday with as she won't remember her first birthday. As long as there is cake, candles and presents she will be happy.  We are very thankful to be co-habitating with good friends....no need for a party...its party mode almost 24/7 around here at the moment.

Tomorrow will be a good day. I can't believe she will be two tomorrow. My baby is two...perhaps that is also adding my fragile-ness today. But more about that tomorrow......





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx