Tuesday, November 1, 2016

November's Notes Day 2 - Me

So this was me today....SMILE! Actually it was more like pose, suck in the stomach and SMILE. Yes I had an interview today for the local paper. Eek! Sooooo not me at all but I put on my big girl pants on and just dealt with it.  In actual fact I don't know what I was worried about it was not at all as bad as I thought it would be. Just like a conversation with a friend where I got to talk about Loving Arms and a little bit about me.  She was a great reporter and was so laid back. Now I am looking forward to reading the article when it comes out in a day or two.

If you don't know already I have been totally humbled and so very blown away at being the recipient of a New Zealand Local Hero Award in our region for my work with Loving Arms. Yep I get a medal and everything. Again its soooo not me but I am very very thankful at the same time. So hence the newspaper interview.

Now I am gearing myself up for an awards ceremony evening along with the other medal recipients and with my family and friends.  Yay! Its going to be a great evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx