Tuesday, November 22, 2016

November's Notes Day 23 - Bye Bye Hair

*Sad Face* This handsome man has decided that he wants his haircut. Eek. This mama doesn't want to cut his hair but I have always said that I'll leave it to grow until he asks for it to be cut. So now that he has asked...I guess we are getting it cut. Hair cut is booked for Friday 10am. He is going to look so so different, so grown up.  I have thoroughly enjoyed having his curly locks grow down his back. But I think lately his hair has been annoying him and he has been getting really hot especially at night.

I have asked him numerous times if he still wants to get it cut and I have tied it up so he knows what he might look like and yes...he still wants it cut. Well OK then...I guess I'll have to get used to it.

This journey with his hair has always been about respect. Just like ones body I believe that children should have say over what happens to them, how they want their hair and the clothes they wear. I don't believe they should be made to kiss or hug anyone hello or goodbye, I cringe inside when I see people pick up kids and hug them when they don't know them and you can clearly see that the child feels uncomfortable and struggles to get away.

For too long this has been the norm in our society, the norm where children are seen as lesser than adults. Now I think the tide is turning and more and more people are becoming aware of children's rights, human rights really.

So come Friday this little man will look completely different and I will have to be OK with that...eventually.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx