Sunday, November 27, 2016

November's Notes Day 28 - Flashback

I came across this today. Don't we look so young? We were 21 in this picture and engaged to be married. I laugh at myself having blonde hair, not at all my natural colour but obviously at the time I thought it looked good.  A lot can happen in 18 years....like married for nearly 17 years and 7 kids!

We were attending my graduation ceremony of my Bachelors Degree in Nursing. Even the fact that once upon a time I was a nurse seems so bizarre.....like it was a lifetime ago.   I spent just over two years working as a nurse first in Burns and Plastics and then in Cardiac Care.  So even though the time I in paid employment wasn't even as long as I spent in study...I don't for a moment believe that my degree has been wasted. I have used my knowledge and experience as a nurse in so many aspects of my life. From bringing up my own children to being the go-to-person for many people who would ring me for an opinion or stop me and ask me about something.

My nursing taught me how to question, how to decipher and most of all has taught me the ins and outs of how the medical system works. This knowledge is so valuable to me now seeing I am part of a taskforce that is set to improve the maternity care for the women in our region.  As frustrating as I am finding the process and where the service is...I am loving that I am helping to make a difference in women's lives...even if it is only indirectly.

God NEVER wastes anything or any part of ones life.....if you let Him He will use everything in some way for good.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx